Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Sony DSLR Cams and External Microphones.

So I settled a question today that I hard a hard time finding the answer to by performing pure research (Google). I shoot video with a Sony A65 DSLR for a handful of weddings. Typically, I'll set up various microphones and record the audio separately and then dub it in after. But wouldn't it be nice if it was recorded directly onto the footage?  YES IT WOULD. My older Sony HVR-V1U HDV camcorder had XLR mic inputs. It was not an issue. The A65 DSRL cam has a single 3.5mm mini jack. What can you plug into this jack?



Well Sony of course does provide a few options. Rhode too, has products that work quite well. Well I can tell you that you can also just buy an XLR to 1/4" adapter and plug a standard pro mic right into that jack and you will get great audio quality.


So go out and pick up this cheap little adapter, and you can have a quality Mic jacked right into your Sony DSLR.

No comments:

Post a Comment