Friday, September 3, 2010

Why I am an atheist.

Fuck it. I can't keep it in any longer. I don't believe in God. Add to that, I think the Bible is the most heinous, morally reprehensible, sadistic, hateful, and perverse document ever written. I can barely stomach it when I see people pray to the God of the Bible. I work in the wedding industry and I have to attend the church service of of about a dozen weddings a year. I get ill just listening to the preachings of the Bible.

When Jesus says that adultery is committed by the simple act of thinking about sex with a woman that isn't your wife, when you are forced to leave town for a whole day for ejaculating accidentally, to say that women should never be teachers or hold any position of authority over men because women are easily deceived, manipulative and deceitful themselves, that a woman must always obey her husband and submit to him fully in every way, that a woman's promises can never be trusted, .... do I have to keep going or do I have you with me yet?

Never will I accept that the Bible is holy and deserves any respect. The only reason people believe it is because they have been indoctrinated since childhood and they have been shielded from truth. They say love is blind. It seems love of God and the Bible makes you deaf, dumb, and blind to anything that is against it.

(For those who want to look up where it says those nasty things I mention, here are the references to the actual Bible verses. I expect closed minded Christians to not bother) 1 Corinthians 14:34-35, 1 Corinthians 11:3, 1 Timothy 2:11-14, Ephesians 5:22-24, Ecclesiastes 7:26, Numbers 30:12, Matthew 5:28-32, Leviticus 15:16-17, Deuteronomy 23:10-11, 1 Corinthians 11:8-9, Colossians 3:18)

BTW: This is just scratching the surface of the depravity of the Bible. I could go on, but my paying job calls me...

1 comment:

  1. I would add Deut 25:11-12. ""If two Israelite men get into a fight and the wife of one tries to rescue her husband by grabbing the testicles of the other man, you must cut off her hand. Show her no pity." You can't make up stuff like that! I wonder how many women were called "Lefty" in those days?

    ReplyDelete